The Dolphin Escape is a robotic pool cleaner that will save you time and money on pool maintenance. This review will take an in-depth look at its features, specs, usability, and more.
Introducing the Dolphin Escape robotic pool cleaner
If you own a swimming pool, you know the time-consuming and sometimes laborious task of keeping it clean. Robotic pool cleaners offer the perfect solution for busy pool owners. The Dolphin Escape is an ideal mid-range option that not only works with above-ground pools but can also perform well in in-ground pools.
This robotic pool cleaner has a great price point that won’t break the bank, but it is still equipped with some exceptional features and benefits. The powerful motor provides maximum suction capabilities while its independent filtration basket prevents dirt from being recirculated into the water again – meaning your pool will remain immaculate for longer! Dolphin Escape is truly an efficient way to ensure your pool stays clean, so all you have to think about is enjoying it!
Pros and Cons
The Dolphin Escape robotic pool cleaner is an excellent choice for those looking for an energy-efficient and powerful machine. The price hovers around 700-800$ on Amazon, which is a reasonable price compared to the average price of an efficient pool cleaner. If you are lucky enough to get it on sale, it will be well worth the investment.
It features a large top-loading filter designed to capture dirt, leaves, and other debris, so your pool is kept crystal clear with each pass. It comes with advanced cleaning capabilities able to handle small pools up to 30ft in size. The drawbacks of this device are that there’s no way to set a schedule, and it may struggle to reach certain areas of larger pools. If you’re in the market for an energy-conscious cleaner, however, then the Dolphin Escape pool cleaner is the perfect fit.
The features of the Dolphin Escape
- High-efficiency DC motors
- Active scrubbing brushes
- Hypergrip rubber tracks
- Massive top-load filter
- Smart Navigation
- Lightweight design
- Energy saver
The Dolphin Escape robotic pool cleaner has features that make it an exceptional choice for pool cleaning. For example, its low-voltage DC motors run on 90% less energy than traditional cleaners do, as they only use 180 watts of power, costing just 5 cents per hour to operate. It also outshines other popular cleaners because it is designed with an active scrubbing brush to break up dirt and algae build-up on the pool floor. The Escape’s wheels use continuous rubber tracks, which eliminate slipping between the wheels and the pool surface, meaning no wasted energy and a more efficient cleaning process. All these features highlight why the Dolphin Escape should be chosen for your next pool cleaning job.
Its massive filter cartridge nets debris of all sizes, while its smart navigation and scanning software utilize advanced algorithms to ensure your pool is cleaned efficiently. You’ll never encounter messy, cumbersome debris bags that traditional models use as the Escape doesn’t require them – it’s capable of sensing walls, ladders, and drains during its course, auto-adjusting for a complete and uninterrupted clean. This unit takes the hassle out of cleaning your pool with an effective system that ensures a thorough job every time.
Usability and setup
The Dolphin Escape robotic pool cleaner is an easy and efficient way to take upkeep of your swimming pool! Setup is a snap: with plug-and-play, it’s almost ready to go right out of the box! No advanced preparation or higher-level technical knowledge is necessary; anyone can operate this device. If you’re looking for a low-maintenance option with strong cleaning power for your pool, then the Dolphin Escape may be your perfect match!
Maintaining your Dolphin Escape robotic pool cleaner can help ensure that it continues to operate effectively and efficiently. Here are some steps you can follow to maintain your unit:
- Clean the filter: The Escape is equipped with a fine filter and a cartridge filter that need to be cleaned regularly to maintain optimal performance. To clean the fine filter, simply rinse it under a tap or hose. To clean the cartridge filter, remove it from the cleaner and rinse it with a hose or tap water.
- Empty the debris basket: The unit has a large debris basket that collects dirt and debris as it cleans the pool. You should regularly check and empty the basket to prevent it from becoming too full and impacting the cleaner’s suction power.
- Clean the brushes: You should periodically clean these brushes to remove any accumulated dirt or debris.
- Check the cables and power supply: Make sure that the cables and power supply are in good condition and functioning properly. If you notice any fraying or damage, you should replace the cables to prevent any accidents or malfunctions.
- Store the cleaner properly: When not in use, it is important to store the Dolphin Escape in a dry and safe place to prevent damage. Make sure to dry the cleaner thoroughly before storing it to prevent the growth of mold or bacteria.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that your Dolphin Escape robotic pool cleaner continues to operate effectively and efficiently. It is also a good idea to refer to the user manual for specific maintenance instructions and guidelines.
User reviews and experiences
The Dolphin Escape robotic pool cleaner has been incredibly popular, receiving over 1200 reviews on Amazon and a 4.4-star overall rating. This unit is beloved by most users and noted for its outstanding performance, usability, and convenience. However, what may turn some people away from purchasing the device is the increase in price from around $600 to between $700 – $800.
Additionally, after one year of use, a few customers had noticed a decline in efficiency compared to when they first purchased it—as with any electronic product, you might come across malfunctioning parts or bits that others don’t experience. All things considered, however, the Dolphin Escape still remains an excellent robotic pool cleaner worth investing in if it suits your pool size and needs.
The Dolphin Escape robotic pool cleaner is designed to make maintaining your pool both easy and efficient. Thanks to its lightweight, 14-pound design, you can use this cleaner for both above-ground and in-ground pools of up to 30ft, saving time and energy. The top-loading cartridge filter allows for easy cleaning and maintenance so that you don’t have to worry about clogging the system. Plus, it has energy-saving construction built into it, which will lower your utility bills over time, giving you more money in the long run. For effortless pool maintenance, the Dolphin Escape is definitely worth a look!
Should you buy the Dolphin Escape?
When deciding if you should invest in a robotic pool cleaner like the Dolphin Escape, there are several factors worth considering. Cost is an important factor, so be sure to look into how much the product costs and whether or not it fits your budget. Pool size is also important; make sure that it is ideal for your pool size. Consider what features the product offers and decide if these meet your needs. Maintenance is also something that shouldn’t be overlooked; some products may require more frequent cleaning than others. Make sure to review all of these factors carefully before deciding on whether or not to buy the Dolphin Escape robotic pool cleaner.
While the Escape can clean even an in-ground pool, if you have an in-ground pool, you should go for a different unit, such as the Dolphin Triton ps or the Dolphin active 30.
The Dolphin Escape is a good option for people who want a high-performance cleaning system that is easy to use and maintain. It is suitable for use in pools of various sizes and shapes.
Ultimately, the decision of whether to invest in a Dolphin Escape robotic pool cleaner is a personal one and will depend on your individual needs and circumstances.
In an above-ground pool with a ladder, would the robot cleaner get hung up on the legs of the ladder or get stuck?
- It shouldn’t have a problem; depending on how the ladder is placed, it will not get stuck. If you have issues, try changing the position of the ladder if possible.
Does it clean a pool with algae?
- Yes, it does a great job cleaning algae, as well as other debris.
Does the Dolphin Escape work well on vinyl surfaces?
- Yes, the Escape works very well on vinyl surfaces.
Does this unit work well on mosaic tiles?
- It should do a great cleaning job on mosaic tiles unless you’ve got really grubby tiles. The powerful suction and scrubbing rubber brush of this pool cleaner make light work of loosening stubborn dirt from the floor.
Is it capable of cleaning leaves out of your pool?
- The Dolphin Escape can clean many types of dirt and grime, but it can also clean leaves out of your pool. If your pool contains a lot of leaves, you should clear the filters more often.
Does it clean pools larger than 30ft?
- It does; however, if you have a much larger pool, it may miss some spots, and the cleaning job will probably not be as thorough.
Can you leave it in your pool for a longer period of time?
- Yes, you can. However, keeping it in your pool for longer than a week or so is not recommended. After some cleaning cycles, you will need the empty its filters.
Based on all the thorough information we gathered in the review, you now have a better understanding of the Dolphin Escape robotic pool cleaner, what it’s capable of, how user-friendly it is, and important maintenance information. Ultimately with this knowledge, you can decide whether this adjustable device is appropriate for your pool needs or not. Hopefully, after learning about its features and capabilities, you’ve come to a conclusion that resonates with your expectations.